Written by: Mary Rhode, Marketing & Communications Manager
What better way to spend a gorgeous Wisconsin summer night than under the stars, cozied up with friends or family, some popcorn, your favorite snacks, and a drink or two, for some good old fashion outdoor movie time.
Just last month, my husband and I had our date night at Field of Scenes drive-in movie theatre in Freedom. We both look forward to this every summer because it is truly something unique and different to do in our own backyard. Field of Scenes has been a family-owned business in the Fox Cities since 2003. With 2 screens showing the newest releases, affordable pricing and snacks galore, Field of Scenes is the perfect date night or family night out activity!
If you’ve never had the opportunity to go to Field of Scenes drive-in before, here are a few helpful tips:
- Arrive early to claim a spot as only 300 cars are allowed in for Screen 1 and 200 for Screen 2. On a beautiful summer night, both screens are sure to reach capacity. The movies begin at dusk, which in July is about 8:45 p.m. We arrived around 6:30 p.m. and got a prime parking spot, just 4 rows back from the screen.
- There are fun activities to keep everyone occupied prior to show time, including mini golf, volleyball, basketball and open areas for tossing the football or playing bean bag toss.
- If you have a car, face your headlights towards the screen; if you have a truck, park with your tailgate facing the screen. We just set our lawn chairs up in the back of the truck.
- Admission prices are: $7.00 per person for ages 12 & over, $3.00 per person for ages 4 – 11 and ages 3 and under are free. The price is the same whether you attend one movie or both. That’s right! You get 2 movies for the price of one admission!
- Dogs are allowed at Field of Scenes, as long as they remain on a leash and you pick up after them. This year, we had one additional member of our family that got to join us, our new puppy Cabela.
- Bring blankets, lawn chairs and bug spray
- Carry-ins are not allowed, but don’t worry….the concession stand is stocked and very affordable.
Make sure to take the time this summer to grab your family and head to the drive-in theatre for a unique movie experience! For more information on Field of Scenes, visit their website