Posted by: Mary Ann Minten, Group Visitor Services Coordinator
Looking to have some last minute family fun, before the kids head back to school? The Fox Cities is your one-stop shop for fun ideas.
Here are 20 suggestions:
- Come to Wisconsin’s Shopping Place for all of your ‘back to school’ fashions.
- Milk a cow at Mulberry Lane Farms.
- Race go-carts at Badger Sports Park.
- Play miniature golf at Funset Boulevard.
- Create a ‘special memory’ at Special Memories Zoo.
- Let your imagination run wild at the Building for Kids Childrens Museum.
- Beauty can be found at the Butterfly Gardens of Wisconsin.
- ‘Escape’ to the History Museum at the Castle to learn about Harry Houdini’s great escapes.
- ‘Discover’ how they make paper at the Paper Discovery Center.
- Rocks, minerals and mining tells the history behind how Wisconsin was formed at the Weis Earth Science Museum.
- How can water create electricity? Find out at Hearthstone Historic House Museum the world’s first home powered by hydroelectricity.
- How cool is Appleton? Found out by riding the free, Downtown Cool Trolley!
- Step into the ‘Wonderful World of Dr. Seuss” at the Trout Museum of Art.
- Go fly a kite or walk in the park.
- Slip, slide and swim at one of the many public pools.
- Paddle your way through the Fox Cities in a kayak on the Fox River.
- Catch a brat from the ‘Bratzooka’ at a Wisconsin Timber Rattlers baseball game.
- Go take a hike at one of the many amazing nature preserves!
- Be an artist by creating your own unique mosaic, painted pottery or glass creation at The Fire Art Studio.
- Make corn on the cob out of glass? You can do it at the Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass.
Enjoy the last days of summer Fox Cities style! For more ideas on fun in the Fox Cities, click here.